The Law Department Compensation Benchmarking Survey is the most comprehensive analytical resource for reviewing and setting law department compensation. The Survey collects data on salary, bonus, total cash and stock options for nine in-house positions.
The Survey will help you measure your department against comparable departments and will provide a meaningful baseline against which to evaluate the equity and competitiveness of the compensation system you currently use.
Published annually, the Law Department Compensation Benchmarking Survey serves as a companion study to the Law Department Metrics Benchmarking Survey.
* Total cash compensation
* Long-term incentives / stock options / restricted stock options
* Chief Legal Officer / General Counsel
* Deputy Chief Legal Officer
* Division General Counsel
* Managing Attorney
* High-Level Specialist
* Senior Attorney
* Staff Attorney
* Recent graduate
Data analyzed by
* National (US)
* Regional (US Census regions)
* Metropolitan area
* Size of company (number of employees)
* Annual sales revenue
* Size of law department
* Type of company ownership
* Type of departmental organization
* Type of salary administration plan
* Years in position
* Individual Lawyer Specialty
When ordering, survey participants should call Customer Service at (888) 770.5647 to receive their Custom Survey and special participant pricing at 15% off.